Susan Timanson's Profile
Shadow Minister - Seniors & Continuing Care
I was born in Scotland, immigrated with my family in 1967 to Edmonton and settled in Sherwood Park in 1971 with my parents and brother and sister, went to school here, married in Sherwood Park in 1985, and we raised our family here. My husband Kent and I have two grown kids Courtney and Spencer, and we are new Grandparents to wee Charlie. Kent is a Jr. High teacher in Sherwood Park, and I am currently a Financial Consultant with past experience in marketing, media sales and government relations consulting.
My passions include; my family, playing and coaching soccer, reading, gardening, painting and provincial politics.
I played on the very first Ringette team in Sherwood Park, then played women’s hockey. I played minor soccer in Sherwood Park, coached for 25+ years, and continue to coach and play competitive soccer for a Sherwood Park based Women’s team, and for a Classics (over 35) Women’s team. Kent and I also lead a weekly Road Cycling group for Mud, Sweat & Gears, a local bike shop. I have always volunteered in the community, believing that’s it’s important to give something back. Some of my other current and past volunteer roles include:
- Director on the Board with the Sherwood Park & District Chamber of Commerce
- Associate Director and Director with AB Party Constituency Associations in Sherwood Park and Strathcona-Sherwood Park.
- VP Special Events and Board member Sherwood Park-Fort Saskatchewan CPC Assn.
- VP Edmonton and Regional Director with PC Alberta Provincial Executive
- Provincial Volunteer of the Year for PCAA in 2014
- Executive member of the Sherwood Park PC Association
- President and Board member of the Strathcona-ShPk PC Association for 12 years
- Campaign manager and/or Volunteer on 5 provincial election campaigns and 1 federal election campaign
- Marketing Committee for the Jerry Forbes Community Centre for non-profit Assns.
- Chair of the Edmonton Regional Board with CWC – Canadian Women in Communications, a National organization dedicated to the advancement of women in the communications industry – 16 years
- Featured in a publication called “15 Voices”, written in celebration of the founding of Canadian Women in Communications. I was chosen as one of 15 women who exceled in the Communications industry across Canada
- Advertising Chair for the Alberta Summer Games held in Strathcona County
- On the Bid Committee to bring the Western Canada Games to Strathcona
- Advertising Chair for the Western Canada Games held in Strathcona
- Chair of the Recreation, Parks and Culture Advisory Committee – 4 years
- Board of Directors with Big Sisters of Edmonton
- COACH with Sherwood Park and Fultonvale Minor Soccer Association, Sherwood Park Rangers Soccer Club, Sherwood Park Minor Ringette Association, and currently with the Sherwood Park Dreadnoughts Soccer Club
- Fundraising Chair, Team Rep, and Team Manager with Sherwood Park Minor Baseball
Contact Information for Sue Timanson