Sherry Greene's Profile
Shadow Minister - Indigenous Relations
Sherry Greene is the Alberta Party candidate for Maskwacis - Wetaskiwin.
Sherry Greene is a mother, survivor, and community volunteer. As a resident of Wetaskiwin and member of Samson First Nation, she founded Maskwacis Empowerment and Voices Group. Her advocacy work for Transparency and Accountability in First Nation Governance garnered national media attention. She committed herself to social causes through her work and philanthropic efforts. Primarily working in with Alberta's Justice Systems and fostered partnerships in community safety initiatives in Wetaskiwin. She empowers communities to make accountability a priority in governance locally, regionally, and nationally. She is honoured to
work with and represent the interest of everyday Albertans. Greene is a former Native Studies Student at the University of Alberta, a graduate of NAIT Nursing Assistant Program, SAIT Culinary Program and CDI legal assistant program.
As your Maskwacis - Wetaskiwin MLA, Sherry would:
- Meet with stakeholders in social and community development to ensure there is a collective response to any needs of the community. Working closely with the Family and Community Support Services.
- Advocate for transparency, good governance and accountability. She will focus on responsible government budgets that don't leave the next generation with massive debt.
- Embrace an educational system that is inclusive for gender diversity and cultural diversity.
- As a former health care provider she recognizes the daily struggles and challenges of workers in the healthcare system. She will be a voice for Central Alberta's Health Care Systems with a clear focus on improved senior care.
- She believes in our Canadian Values in Multiculturalism and Diversity. She believes diversity is our strength.