Draft Policy Statement - Oil and Gas Worker Retention
Oil and Gas Worker Retention
Whereas Alberta should retain oil and gas workers as much as possible for zero emission capital projects.
- The federal government is looking to diversify oil and gas workers as shown by the following quote:
- “The federal government is launching a long-awaited process to come up with a plan to support oil and gas workers as economies around the world move away from fossil fuels.“
Be it resolved that:
- Alberta Party will retain oil and gas workers for construction and upgrade of oil and gas plants to net zero plants.
- Alberta Party will flow through federal job transition initiatives to subsidize zero emission capital projects for oil and gas workers.
- Alberta Party will support the transition of oil and gas workers to the ongoing operations of the zero emission projects.