Draft Policy Statement - Early Adoption
Whereas Alberta should incentivize early adopters as well as industry to develop products that will demand Alberta’s zero emission alternative fuel products.
- Domestic demand will require incentives to switch from carbon-based fuels to alternative fuels.
- Federal money should flow through to industry that develops products for electrical or alternative fuel use.
- Carbon tax is actually a CO2 disposal tax. Disposal of CO2 is no longer free.
- Alternative fuels have no carbon to dispose, thus no tax.
Be it resolved that:
- Alberta Party will incur a CO2 disposal tax for the consumption of carbonized fuels.
- Alberta Party will not incur sales tax on de-carbonized alternative fuels.
- Alberta Party will not incur sales tax on zero emission vehicles.
- Alberta Party will flow through federal incentives to industry for developing infrastructure and products for alternative fuel use.
- Let's call Carbon Tax a CO2 disposal tax, since that is what it is.
- Incentivize early adoption by minimizing taxation.
- Make available any other incentives to industry to accelerate adoption.