Alberta Party AGM Sets Records
Last weekend, about 500 members attended our Annual General Meeting and Policy Conference in Edmonton. If you were one of them, thank you for your attendance and your participation. I know many of you were involved in the lead-up discussions on Policy Resolutions, but could not make it to our convention, a huge thank you to you as well for your input and for taking the time to help us build for the future.
It was a wonderful weekend to reconnect with many of you, to meet new members and to discuss our shared vision for our province.
We were happy to introduce you to our nominated candidates. With more than 40 candidates, we are moving fast, and working hard to achieve our goal of having an Alberta Party candidate in each of the 87 constituencies for the upcoming provincial election. They are truly an outstanding group of people that represent the diversity of our province. If you haven’t already done so, I invite you to visit the candidates page and learn about what each has to offer Alberta.
On Saturday, we discussed a number of policy resolutions brought forward and worked on by you, the membership. These policy resolutions build on our position statements and will be part of the input used to create the election campaign platform. Thank you for all your efforts as part of our Alberta 2050 process.
Also on Saturday, 11 new members were elected to serve on the Board of Directors. The Alberta Party Board of Directors consists of up to 25 members from across the province, each serving a two year term.
The breadth of skills and experience these new Board members bring to our table mirrors today’s Alberta. I welcome them all and look forward to working together to continue to build our party, engage our membership, and all Albertans, in our vision for our province.
2018-19 Alberta Party Board of Directors
- Rhiannon Hoyle – President Edmonton-South West
- Saira Wagner – Chief Financial Officer, Edmonton-Mill Creek
- Jackie Clayton - Vice President, Grande Prairie
- Conrad Guay - Corporate Secretary, Grande Prairie
- Cesar Agudelo, Calgary-MacKay-Nose Hill
- *Beth Bell, St. Albert
- *Danisha Bhaloo, Edmonton-Whitemud
- *Hans Bjorkman, Edmonton-Strathcona
- *Griffin Brown, Calgary-Currie
- *Anthony Castillo, Lethbridge-West
- *Perry Chahal, Edmonton-Calder
- Kerry Cundal, Calgary-Currie (on leave)
- *Arnold D'Souza, Edmonton-Mill Creek
- *Rob Fox, Bonnyville-Cold Lake
- Cole Harbin, Lethbridge-West
- *Marie Isaman,Vermilon-Lloydminster-Wainwright
- *Wayne Krekoski, Lac La Biche-St. Paul-Two Hills
- Allen Preston, Lac La Biche-St. Paul-Two Hills
- Aisha Rauf, Edmonton-Rutherford (on leave)
- *Sonya Virk, Calgary-McCall
- Theo Weigel, Cypress-Medicine Hat
- Stephen Mandel – Leader, Edmonton-McClung
- Mark Taylor - Executive Director (ex-officio)
Between our dedicated Board members and our outstanding candidates, we are building the momentum toward a very successful 2019. But we can’t do it without your help – as a volunteer and as a financial supporter. As we enter the last two months of the year your contributions are important to helping us get ready for the election. Please consider making a one-time or an ongoing contribution to the Alberta Party.
And lastly, success like we saw this past weekend at our convention in Edmonton doesn’t just happen. There were many dedicated volunteers that worked tirelessly over the past number of months to put on this event. A hearty thank you to AGM Chair Eloisa Lau and Policy Chair Pascal Visentin and their team of volunteers. We couldn’t have done it without them.
President, Alberta Party