November 06, 2021 • 9:00am - 12pm
Jeff McLarty, AGM Chair
ANNOUNCING OUR 2020-2021 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Order of proceedings
- Annual General Meeting - official business of the Alberta Party Political Association
- "Fireside Chat" with the new leader, Barry Morishita
- Youth Member Meet and Greet with Barry Morishita
- Post-event Networking (optional)
OFFICIAL ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOTICE
In accordance with Article 10(e) of the Constitution of the Alberta Party Political Association (“AP Constitution”), the Corporate Secretary hereby gives notice of the Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) of the Alberta Party Political Association that will be held on Saturday, November 6, 2021, at 9 AM MST to be held virtually on the Zoom platform.
The business of the AGM shall consist of:
- to receive and consider the financial statements of the Alberta Party for the financial year ended January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020;
- to elect 12 Directors of the Alberta Party, representing one half of the elected positions on the Provincial Board, in accordance with Article 6(e) of the Alberta Party Constitution;
- to appoint the auditors of the Alberta Party for the ensuing year, and
- to transact such other business as may properly be brought before the meeting.
Members and observers wishing to attend the AGM are asked to purchase their tickets in advance. Pricing for tickets is as follows:
- Adult Members (25+): $25
- Youth Members (14-25): $10
- Observers: $50
Provincial Board Nominations and Election:
Nominations have opened for members seeking a position on the Board of Directors of the Alberta Party. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the Party as we prepare for the 2023 provincial election and beyond. If you would like to apply to sit on the Board, you can find the nomination submission form. The Nominating Committee will be publishing an official list of candidates as we near the AGM date on this AGM webpage, and Party members will be notified by email once it is published.
It is important to note that nominees for the Provincial Board will not be provided the opportunity to speak to their candidacy at the meeting.
Candidates can be nominated from the floor and will have their names added to the nominee list for voting.
In order to vote at the AGM, your membership must be in good standing at least ten (10) days prior to the AGM (October 27, 2021) and on the date of the AGM. Pursuant to Article 10(f) of the AP Constitution, proxy votes will not be accepted. You can renew your membership here, or contact [email protected] if you would like to confirm your membership status.
We look forward to seeing you on November 6th!