Policy Concept Statements - February 22, 2015
Posted on March 03, 2015 by Party Member
On February 22nd, 2015, Alberta Party members approved several policy concept statements submitted by Albertans from across the province.
Here are some highlights of the concept statements our members adopted:
- The Alberta Party government will make all public information accessible to Albertans through an “open-data” framework. It is the government’s responsibility to provide access to all information pertinent to the province’s governance. It is the government’s responsibility to prove when data needs to remain confidential.
- The Alberta Party government will introduce legislation to regulate the use of “robocalls” or high volume or other automated calling by political parties, or agents, surrogates or volunteers.
- The Alberta Party government will defend the rights of all Albertans regardless of race, religious belief, colour, gender, gender identity, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status or sexual orientation of that person or class of persons.
- The Alberta Party government will institute a progressive personal income tax in Alberta.
- The Alberta Party government will increase the current amount of the Alberta carbon tax.
- The Alberta Party government will ensure market access for Alberta’s resources by supporting pipeline projects such as Energy East and Keystone XL.
- The Alberta Party government will diversify Alberta’s economy through tourism, green energy, and other economic growth factors.
- The Alberta Party will eliminate, over time, Alberta’s small business tax.
- The Alberta Party government will end mandatory school fees, making schools more accessible for all Albertans, and reducing the administrative burden on school staff.
- The Alberta Party government will continue the Student Learning Assessment initiative, removing obstacles to its success, and commit to the complete phase-out of Provincial Achievement Tests.
- The Alberta Party government will support a change in philosophy to 100% publicly funded Health Care, taking the necessary steps to achieve this gradually over a period of time.
- The Alberta Party government will implement Alberta Health Services funded Primary Care Centers in every region of the province where health care practitioners and services will be available in one location to provide equitable access and efficiencies for patients and medical personnel.
- The Alberta Party government will increase resources to support the mental health of Albertans.
Our policy teams will, over the coming months, take these statements and develop them into full policies, so please keep watching!