The Alberta Party Board of Directors is made up of people of all ages and backgrounds from across the province. The full list of board members can be found below.
Will Munsey – President
Wiliam Munsey was born and raised in Edmonton. He currently lives on a small saskatoon berry farm on the edge of the Hamlet of New Sarepta, 30 kilometres east of Leduc. Along with his wife Mika, and their three children, they operate a greenhouse and u-pick Saskatoon berry farm. Small farms no longer support a families so William also runs locomotives for CN Rail, out of Edmonton.
William’s experience in politics began when he and his family returned to Canada from nearly two decades in East Asia in 2006. He was part of the first wave of progressive change in the Alberta Party in the summer of 2009. Will joined the party when there were fewer than 100 members.
Will believes government’s role is to:
- ensure equal access to essential public services
- safeguard the equality and rights of individuals
- protect the environment
- ensure the spending of public money is transparent
He also feels strongly that government must function openly and act in a respectful way.
Although William works mostly with his hands, he holds a master’s degree in Japanese and a bachelor’s degree in education. William is also the director of New Sarepta’s Communities in Bloom program. As a younger man, he bicycled around the world, but lately hobbies are on the back burner.
He has been writing his blog (The Berry Patch Perspective) since long before he became president of the board of the Alberta Party… so if you want to do some reading, you’ll get better idea of who he is and how he thinks.
Alberta Party Board of Directors
The Board of Directors consists of the individuals listed below. At the party’s September 22, 2012 AGM, these members elected the board.
- William Munsey, President
- Dean Taylor, Vice-President
- Connie Jensen, Secretary
- Michael McLaughlin, Chief Financial Officer
- David Boroditsky, VP Chief Information Officer
- Jared Burton, VP Policy
- Greg Clark, VP Communications
- Phil Hyde, VP Constituency Development
- Midge Lambert, VP Membership and Administration
- Andi McDonald, VP Party Strategy
- Ken McNeill, VP Fundraising
- Corwin Odland, VP Volunteer Engagement
- Court Ellingson
- Jeff Funnell
- Tony Jeglum
- Connie Jensen
- Chris Kuchmak
- Troy Millington
- Julia Necheff
- Katherine Taylor
- Al Wahlstrom