Posted on by Richard Einarson
And so it begins! Today, Premier Redford announced that the provincial election will be held on April 23, 2012. For two years we have been building a different kind of political party. A party that is more open and transparent. A party that engages citizens in different ways.
Today marks a major milestone for the Alberta Party as we begin our first election campaign with our new platform, We can dream bigger.
If we can dream it, we can make it happen.
Starting a new party hasn’t been easy, but we did it because we believe that Albertans deserve a better choice. We may not have a lot of money, but we have a lot of passion for Alberta. Now that the election has been called, we are ready to take our positive message of “dreaming bigger” to the people. We need your help!
We will campaign differently.
We believe in doing politics differently, and we are going to run a different kind of campaign:
- We will be constructive. We will offer solutions to the challenges that Albertans face and not just complain about what doesn’t work.
- We will be respectful. We won’t be running any nasty attack ads. We want to encourage citizens to participate in our democracy, not turn them off.
- We will be positive. It is too easy to fall into a negative campaign. We want politics to be better, so we will be better politicians.
We will listen. We don’t have all the answers. We want to test our ideas with Albertans and make them better.
Please join the campaign today.
Together, we can have a huge impact on this election. Not only are we introducing the Alberta Party to many Albertans for the first time, we have a very real opportunity to win seats in various parts of the province. We can do it, but we will need your help!
Here are a few ways you can make a difference:
- Wear your Alberta Party button! This is the easiest way to spread the word about the Alberta Party.
- Volunteer for the Alberta Party now.
- Make a donation to support our provincial campaign. Whether you can afford $5 or $500, any amount you can donate will help our candidates reach more Albertans (learn what the Alberta Party can do with just $50).
We know that the four traditional political parties will have more money, paid staff, and fancy television ads (many of them decidedly negative). But there are two very important things that none of them will have: our collective determination to make a difference, and YOU!
Together, we can renew Alberta!
Leader, Alberta Party