Seniors deserve a better deal
Posted on April 17, 2012 by Richard Einarson
Today’s seniors are engaged in their communities like never before, yet too often their voices are ignored when it comes to shaping government policy.
The Alberta Party believes that we can improve the quality of life for our seniors by:
- Providing quality public home care that recognizes the full range of services that seniors need in order to stay in their own homes as they age.
- Ensuring quality, affordable long-term care facilities are available which allow couples to stay together.
- Imposing a moratorium on converting long-term care facilities into assisted living facilities until a comprehensive seniors’ housing plan has been developed and implemented.
- Creating advisory councils in all seniors care facilities.
- Appointing an Independent Seniors Advocate that reports directly to the Legislature.
Our seniors need dependable healthcare.
Over the last decade, our healthcare system underwent a massive restructuring to form Alberta Health Services under the management of the “super-board”. Even though our doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers are clear that the last thing Alberta needs is another major structural change to the health system, the other parties are proposing major changes that won’t improve patient care. The Alberta Party has made practical suggestions to improve our health system without plunging the system back into chaos.
We believe that Alberta can be the best place to live for our seniors. We just need to make it happen.
All of our hard work is starting to pay off and the Alberta Party's message is spreading faster than ever. Please use the buttons below to share this post with your contacts on Facebook, Twitter and Google +.
Have a wonderful afternoon folks!
Leader, Alberta Party
Candidate, West Yellowhead
PS- In case you missed it, we also released our Democratic Renewal policy late last week and our Education policy yesterday.
Help us spread our message to more Albertans - please make a donation to the Alberta Party, any amount you can afford from $5 - $250 will be gratefully accepted.